The Pharmacy Technician Training Program offered by UF Health Shands Pharmacy Department is a Florida Board of Pharmacy approved program, designed to provide comprehensive pharmacy training.
This training will prepare candidates for a qualifying exam in order to be eligible to register as a pharmacy technician in the state of Florida.
- Length of Training Program
8-10 weeks (full time requirement, 40 hours/week)
- Program Class Size
- Program Fee
Tuition for those accepted into program is $2500*
(*Shands will not charge candidates up front for the Program and will forgive the $2,500 tuition of the Program in return for candidates working for Shands for a minimum of one year as at least a 0.5 FTE or above after successful completion of the Program and successful obtainment of registration as a pharmacy technician with the Florida Board of Pharmacy.)
Eligibility Requirements and Application Schedule
Since 2016, our program has attracted, trained, and retained excellent healthcare professionals to serve within the community. Our program introduces pharmacy practice and the health care system to trainees with an emphasis on the role of the pharmacy technicians and their relationship with pharmacists.
- Candidates must be 18 years or older at the start of the program
- High-school diploma or GED
- Completion of Program application
- Copy of high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Successful completion UF Health affiliate background check and drug screen
- Passing score for math competency assessment with a minimum score of 80%
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Where do applicants go to apply?
- Application will be posted on jobs.ufhealth.org/careers or indeed.com
- Internal applicants should apply through the internal application system
When are applications accepted?
- February, May, July, September, November
*Applications will post sometime during the second or third week of the month.
When are candidates interviewed?
- March, May, July, October, December
When does the program start?
- February, April, June, September, November
- Pharmacy Calculations
- Pharmacy Law
- Medication Safety
- Marscella Snead, RPT, CPhT, Technician Training Associate
- Lisa Thames, PharmD, BCPS, Director of Education Programs
- For any questions regarding program email: email@example.com